Tuesday, September 20, 2011

yIchu'! Engage!

Greetings!

Welcome to DeyvID QonoS, which translates to DeyvID's Journal.

In addition to my Twitter feed, this blog will be where I post news, information, and insights into the Klingon language and culture, the Star Trek universe, the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game Star Trek Online, as well as general science fiction and genre-based media. I will also post news and information related to Trek Radio and my show, vaj tach, the Warriors' Den.

Comments are always encouraged, and are open to anyone and everyone (no registration required). I will be notified via e-mail when new comments are posted, so I will be able to quickly reply to comments (and remove any comments that are offensive or just spam).

Along with posts about Star Trek, STO, and whatever else I feel like blogging about, I will regularly discuss the Klingon language with detailed explanations about translations, grammar, and vocabulary. Posts pertaining to the Klingon language will carry the tag tlhIngan Hol. I am in the process of determining which method would be best for posting using the Klingon writing system known as pIqaD so that everyone would be able to view the posts (if possible, without having to install additional fonts or a custom Windows locale -- unless the readers would be willing to do so).


I look forward to sharing my insights, experiences, musings, and ramblings with my friends and family in the Star Trek and Trek Radio community.

For future reference, when posting in Klingon, I will follow the convention set forth in The Klingon Dictionary, where tlhIngan Hol words will appear bold with the Federation Standard (English) translation in italics. In addition to this, I will color the Klingon in red, and English in light orange.

wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap.
We succeed together in a greater whole.

Qapla'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Form Message text